History of the Firm
Serving the Community for 122
John J. Ryan (1884-1899)
Ryan & Skinner (1899-1 929)
Skinner & Skinner (1 929-1948)
Skinner & Hart (1948-1971)
Hart & Mack
Mack, Mark & Associates, P.C. (1982-1991)
Thomas C. Mack, P.C. (1991-1992)
Mack, Cardone & Phinney (1992-1994)
Thomas C. Mack, P.C. (1994-2005)
Mack & Pace (2005- )
Our law firm has been
an established presence in this community for well over a
century. It originated when John J. Ryan, a Medina native born
in 1856, opened his Medina office on Main Street in 1884. Mr.
Ryan graduated from the University of Michigan Law School in
1884 and was admitted to the NY bar that same year. Mr. Ryan
served for many years as Medina Village Attorney.
In 1899, after serving in the Spanish-American War, Leroy J.
Skinner, a Medina native born in 1871, became Mr. Ryan’s partner
and the firm was known as Ryan & Skinner. Leroy J. Skinner
graduated from Cornell Law School in 1895 and was admitted to
the NY bar in 1896. He served as Medina Village Attorney, as
Medina School Board Attorney and Orleans County Historian.
Ryan & Skinner were among the first tenants of the S. A. Cook
Building when it opened in 1913, and the firm has continued at
this location to the present day.
After Mr. Ryan’s death in 1921, Leroy 1 Skinner practiced alone
for a few years until he was joined by his son, Lee J. Skinner,
in 1929. The firm then became known as Skinner & Skinner. Lee J.
Skinner was born in Medina in 1904, graduated from Cornell Law
School in 1929 and was admitted to the NY bar in 1929. Like his
father, he also served as Medina Village Attorney and as Medina
School Board Attorney. cont'd